Ensuring quality care for moms and babies.
One step at a time.
The Gift is an evidence-based program for Louisiana birthing facilities designed to increase breastfeeding rates and hospital success by improving the quality of their maternity services and enhancing patient-centered care.
- No cost resources and a framework to help birthing facilities improve breastfeeding outcomes.
- Access to valuable training.
- Technical assistance around policy development, quality improvement and best practice implementation.
- Recognition in the form of Gift and Gift Shining Star designations.
- Support for pursuit of Baby-Friendly™ designation.
- Meet national quality measures and standards.
- Competitive edge in an outcomes-based health care environment.
- A way to meet the growing demand from mothers for breastfeeding support.
More about The Gift
The Gift is a program of the Louisiana Department of Health-Office of Public Health-Bureau of Family Health.
Download this infographic on strategies the Bureau of Family Health is using to increase breastfeeding rates and reduce breastfeeding disparities in Louisiana.