The Gift is an evidence-based program for Louisiana birthing facilities designed to increase breastfeeding rates and hospital success by improving the quality of their maternity services and enhancing patient-centered care.
- No cost resources and a framework to help birthing facilities improve breastfeeding outcomes.
- Access to valuable training.
- Technical assistance around policy development, quality improvement and best practice implementation.
- Recognition in the form of Gift designation.
- Support for pursuit of Baby-Friendly™ designation.
- Meet national quality measures and standards.
- Competitive edge in an outcomes-based health care environment.
- A way to meet the growing demand from mothers for breastfeeding support.
The Gift is a program of the Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health, Bureau of Family Health. It has been adapted from the Texas Ten Step Program and the North Carolina Maternity Center Breastfeeding-Friendly Designation Program.
The Gift e-Newsletter
Sign up for our bi-monthly e-newsletterSubscribe
Have a Question?
If you are a birthing facility interested in learning more about The Gift and improving the quality of your maternity care services, contact us.Contact Us